Five steps to learn a memory verse:
- Hear someone say the verse or speak it yourself
- Read the verse over and over
- Meditate on the verse. This may sound like the first step but is very important. During your day, mutter the verse under your breathe. Keep repeating it like a mantra
- Study the verse. What does it mean, what is the context. Read the whole story and not just the verse. Then, what does it mean to you?
- Apply verse to own life-pray and incorporate the verses, or say the verse to someone as a form of encouragement. Remind yourself the verse to encourage yourself.
Term one memory verse 2017
- I am the vine. You are the branches. You can do nothing without me. John 15:5